Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mid-Session Check In

Mid-Session Check In
The biggest challenge that I faced, so far, was becoming a “blogger”. I had heard the phrase but never gave much attention to what it was all about. That leads me into what my has been my biggest success in this class, so far; becoming a “blogger”. Getting set up was a little difficult at first, but now I have come too really like it. There is a great benefit in posting your work and thoughts for others to see; along with the ability to see other classmate’s ideas on the same subject. I truly enjoy it and plan on using it in different venues.  
The literature that we have been reading has stirred me in many directions. Once I started to sincerely analyze the stories and poems through my own personal perception, the floodgates of thinking were ripped open and I was able to find my thought in other people’s work. I have also been noticing that it is becoming a habit to be more analytical when I am reading literature from outside this class.
Other than narrative essays, I usually took a summary type of stance on a paper. Narrative essays were great to write, I felt very creative and free while writing them. Writing analysis has the same feel to it; a freedom to read a piece of literature and form an opinion of what it means. There is no wrong or right, just opinions revealed through my perception of the facts.
I have never immersed myself this deep into literature, but I can feel myself being drawn farther and farther down into the thick of it. This is a required class in the degree I am seeking, but it doesn’t feel like a chore at all. English has become my favorite class and I not only want to excel in this class, but I am going to pursue further education in this area of study. I’m unquestionably looking forward to the second half of this class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment